Tamiya 1/24 Mercedes Benz SLR722.
In a joint venture with McLaren Automotive, Mercedes designed the SLR or "Sport, Leicht, Rennsport" (sport, light, racing). The original SLR series was released in the 1950s and were based on the W196 F1 car. To revive the series, Mercedes release a new, sleek SLR in 2003. The SLR722 was introduced, in 2006, and named after the 7:22am start time of drivers Moss/Jenkinson car at the 1955 Italian Mille Miglia endurance race. Powered by a 5.4L SOHC V8 supercharged engine, the 722 is capable of 640hp output and can go from 0 to 100 in 3.6 seconds. Because of its power and beauty, the SLR722 has been compared to supercars such as the Enzo Ferrari and Porsche Carrera GT.
- 1/24 scale plastic assembly model kit of the Mercedes-Benz SLR722.
- Distinctive features of the SLR722 such as the wheels, body kit etc are accurately reproduced.
- Synthetic rubber tires.
- The hood can be opened like the actual car allowing you to see the detailed supercharged V8 engine inside.
- The doors can be opened to showcase the meticulously recreated interior.
- Metal transfers to depict the manufacturer emblems are included for extra detail.