Tamiya Ferrari F2001.
About the Ferrari F2001
In the 2001 racing season Ferrari's new F2001 machine would capture the Constructors' and Drivers' Championships equipped with the longitudinally mounted 3000 Ferrari Tipo 050 V10 engine incorporating an electro-hydraulic 7-speed gearbox in pre-machined welded titanium. After the ban was lifted on traction control, launch control and other high-tech devices at the 5th race in Spain, the F2001 was finished with an arsenal of new equipment to further outclass rivals. By the 13th race Schumacher had already clutched the championship with 9 wins, earning him 53 total wins in his career, as he became the most successful F1 driver of all time and the Ferrari F2001 the undisputed top machine in F1 history.
Ferrari F2001 Features
- Scale: 1/20, total length: 223mm, total width: 90mm, total height: 55mm
- Slanted nozzle and aerodynamic form of the actual Ferrari F2001 machine's body have been authentically recreated.
- Center monocoque frame has been molded as one piece for easy assembly.
- Nose cone has been reproduced with 2 pieces.
- Shape of suspension arm and push rod is accurately portrayed in this model.
- 90deg longitudinally mounted V10 engine depicted down to every last detail.
- Realism of cockpit enhanced with separately molded parts for seat belt.
- Model captures the intricacy of the F2001 machine's diffuser.
- Fuel intake cover can be assembled in the opened or closed position. Fuel intake valves reproduced with metal transfer marks.
- Grooved tires come with logo pre-printed on sides.
- Heat resistant rear wing and rear suspension arm of the actual Ferrari F2001 are recreated in this kit with aluminum stickers.
- Decals provided for recreation of car numbers 1 and 2.