We've taken the ground-breaking GT15C Octane engine, a 2.7hp, 15cc 2-stroke gasoline engine, and strapped it into the award-winning Savage XL long-wheelbase chassis for a one-of-a-kind RC experience!
The Savage XL Octane has fistfuls of aggression, a gigantic size, lower fuel costs and extra-long runtimes - what more could you want?
The grunt from the Octane engine lets you throw up dirt roosts and blast through sand, leaves, mud and water with ease! The Savage XL Octane's 3 speed transmission gives you quick acceleration from a standing start with super-efficient shifts for an experience you'll never forget! The 4-shoe Quadra clutch gets the power from the engine to the drivetrain in no time flat, and the all-metal, ball bearing-supported 4WD shaft drivetrain is super-durable to handle whatever you come across. The XtraLarge wide track and XtraLarge wheelbase of the Savage XL chassis work with the XtraLarge Terra Pin tires to make the Savage XL Octane easy to drive and maneuver over and through jumps and obstacles...or whatever is in your way!
The Savage XL Octane is completely pre-built, just like all RTR (Ready To Run) vehicles from HPI Racing. The engine is a pull-start design, and easily starts with a single tug. Rechargeable HPI Plazma battery packs and AA batteries are included to power the hassle-free 2.4GHz radio system and engine control system - all you need to provide is pump gasoline and you are ready to rock!
The GT15C Octane engine is a giant two-stroke gasoline-powered beast that's bigger than any available nitro truck engine! At nearly 3 times bigger than the engine in the Savage XL 5.9, it's LOUD, BRASH and POWERFUL!
The Octane engine is fitted with a tough pullstarter system that gets the engine going with a single easy pull, and uses an electronic management system keeps everything ticking over perfectly. For optimum performance, an aluminum tuned pipe and header are fitted so you get as much power as possible out of the Octane.
The Savage XL Octane is fitted with an extra-strong four-shoe Quadra Clutch for extra durability and toughness, giving you the confidence to know that the truck can handle anything you want to throw at it.
With the Octane's 3 speed transmission, your Savage XL Octane will attack the dirt with a pull of the trigger and the action keeps coming as you move up through the gears!
The Savage XL Octane is fitted with a triple-disc brake system that brings the Octane to a safe, controlled halt at a touch of your finger.
- Factory assembled, Ready to Run 1/8th scale Octane-powered Savage Monster Truck
- 2.7hp GT15C 15cc 2-stroke engine with pullstart
- 300cc fuel tank for over 20 minutes of runtime
- Savage XL extended chassis with 3mm thick TVP plates
- 3-speed transmission for aggressive action
- 4-shoe Quadra clutch system with cooling fan
- Triple-disc brake system for sure stops
- XtraLarge Big Bore oil-filled shocks on each corner
- Low fuel costs using pump gasoline and 2-stroke oil
- All-metal shaft drivetrain for durability
- Water-resistant receiver and battery box
- Waterproof steering and throttle servos
- Fully equipped with ball bearings for maximum efficiency
- 2.4GHz radio system for hassle-free performance
- Proven HPI Savage toughness
- Extra-wide Terra Pin tires for maximum performance and grip
- Brand new XL monster truck body
- All-metal differential gears
- Steel spur gear
- Heavy Duty clutchbell
- Heavy Duty dogbones
- Heavy Duty outdrives
- Heavy Duty axles
- Machined brake hub
What you need:
- Unleaded petrol
- Fuel can for mixing and pouring