The BLS 451 brushless servo has an excellent specification and is suitable for a wide range of applications, including aircraft, helicopter, car and boat usage.
• Futaba brushless servos offer greatly improved response time over other servos.
• Significantly increased life span. Futaba brushless servo motors will last more than five times longer
than servos that include brushed motors!
• Lower operating temperatures. As there aren’t any brushes on the motor armature, no sparks are produced when the servo motor is in operation.
• Thanks to the motor design, the outer coils act as a heatsink dissipating any heat that does occur. As an added benefit, Futaba is able to increase the torque and speed of these servos without increasing case dimensions.
• Vibration & Shock. Unlike servos that used brushed motors, the brushless servos from Futaba are less susceptible to the effects of vibration and/or shock.
• Additionally, the inertia of standard motors also facilitates the effects of vibration on the servo’s performance. By eliminating this inertia in a brushless servo, Futaba has reduced this possibility.
• Power consumption. Brushless servos consume approximately the same amount of power as their digital counterparts.
• Centering. Centering is the same as it is with the digital servos. The dead band is also equal to the digitals.
• Increased resolution for smoother operation.
• New gear treatment and materials for added endurance and longevity.
• Samarium Cobalt magnets for better performance and increased holding power.
• Dual ball bearings.
N.B. This servo must be used with a high frequency gyro.