The HPI Trophy range of off-road racers has been updated with the latest in 2.4GHz radio technology, waterproof servos and a waterproof receiver & battery compartment!
That's right, one of our most popular nitro kits ever now has been upgraded to make it a performer just about anywhere!
The Trophy Truggy 4.6 is the perfect way to get into nitro 1:8 truggies!
A truggy is part truck with its big tyres and pick-up truck style bodyshell, and it's also part buggy with the main drivetrain components, chassis and suspension being taken directly from or derived from a 1/8th scale rallycross buggy chassis. Truggies are a popular racing class around the world! This kit has got everything you need for anything you want to do. For bashing fun and big-air stunts, it has a durable aluminium chassis, braces and shock towers, and for race track performance and tuning the Trophy is equipped with the amazingly powerful Nitro Star F4.6 HPI engine, angle-pin racing tyres, oil-filled shocks, turnbuckles and plenty of tuning adjustment possibilities.
In addition to being race-bred and ready for track action, the updated Trophy Truggy 4.6 looks great, too. The aerodynamic racing truck bodyshell features a brand new paint design, and the Shredder Block angle pin racing tyres are wrapped around cool black chrome Edge 7-spoke wheels. The rear wing isn't just for looks, either - it gives the Trophy loads of downforce and control in the air. To top everything off, we've updated the anodizing of the shock caps, wheel nuts and more to HPI-spec bright orange!
- Factory-assembled & pre-painted 4WD nitro racing truggy
- 2.4 GHz radio system for crystal-free, comfortable control
- Waterproof receiver/battery box protects battery and receiver from the elements
- Waterproof laydown steering servo for low CG and awesome handling
- Waterproof throttle/brake servo
- Covered air filter keeps water away from the air intake
- Low centre of gravity (CG) design for great track performance
- Strong and reliable Nitro Star F4.6 engine with 2.9hp
- Strong engine mount and large flywheel opening for starter boxes
- Easy and simple pullstarter for instant action
- 4mm 6061 aluminium chassis has angled sides for extra stiffness
- Thick 6061 aluminium shock towers are strong and durable
- Thick steering brace for increased chassis stiffness
- Low-profile aluminium radio tray securely mounts servos
- Race-tuned suspension design for awesome traction
- Extra-long, oi-filled shocks with aluminium shock bodies
- Multiple shock and camber link locations for extra race tuning
- Steel turnbuckle links allow you to custom-tune the ride
- Tough front bumper protects against crash damage
- Extra-large 160cc fuel tank gives you plenty of runtime
- Powerful, adjustable & vented front and rear steel disk brakes
- Strong fibre brake pads for longevity and fade resistance
- All-terrain Shredder Block angle pin tyres for grip and traction
- Intelligent fuel line routing to keep things neat and tidy
- Cast aluminium steering knuckles for increased strength
- 17mm hex hubs resist stripping out
- Slick racing truck bodyshell is prepainted and cut out for instant race looks
- Adjustable mounts for the wide racing wing
- Extra suspension mounts included for tuning options
Required: Glow starter, fuel and batteries for the RC system.
|Engine Size:||4.6cc (.28ci)|
|Engine Start Type:||Pullstart|
|Assembly Type:||Assembled (RTR)|
|Skill Level:||Skill Level 3|
Fantastic car! Loads of fun and easy to use. As a beginner the speed on this is crazy, accelerates like a greased up bolt of lightning. You will be turning a few heads running this in your local park. My only complaint is that the glow plug broke after my second time taking it out.
Posted on 10th Dec 2013
Excellent service from modelsport to start with really pleased with this truck, Speed is phenomenal as soon as you pull the trigger the rear end just drops and the front nearly leaves the floor, With a bit of setting up i recon this truggy will wheelie no problem, just everything you would expect from HPI and more it just takes a bashing and comes back for more. Well done to HPI on a brilliant truck
Posted on 25th Jun 2013
Great Service From modelsport and HPI thank
Posted on 15th Jan 2013
Great bit of kit. Out the box set up is great no need to mess about with settings. Grip from the tyres and the width of the car makes the handling amazing.
Posted on 1st Jan 2013
Very good RC car I would have give it 5star and the reason being it the wheels have a lot of play and the airel was very short but uther than that it a very good car. and it looks so cool with out the shel on.
Posted on 20th Oct 2012
it is FAST and GOOD fun you need to use 25% nitro fuel AWESOME TRUGGY
Posted on 29th Nov 2011
this is a grate truggy well woth the money i paid for it only one little thing it just seems to over heat and carnt get it to idle right
Posted on 4th Nov 2011